In today’s market, combined cycle plants are an essential component in power production. For new personnel entering the power plant industry, the initial experience can be overwhelming. The goal of this course is to familiarize operating personnel with the overall concept of those auxiliary systems associated with a gas turbine.
Also, in today’s market there would appear to be a need for high-quality virtual instructor led training sessions. The phrase high-quality applies to ‘content’ and the ‘presentation’ skills. We see the following advantages in the delivery of our virtual instructor led training session:
- Greater schedule flexibility since we don’t have to deal with travel schedules.
- Lesser cost as there is the travel & living expenses is now zero.
- Lesser time consumption as travel time to / from the site or classroom is eliminated.
- Maintain the same level of content (sometimes even improve that content) by greater attention given to the need for a quality presentation.
- Improved even more easy to read text content.
All of the above advantages along with HPC’s history of providing knowledgeable / equipment experienced instructors.
includes: Review of Combustion Turbine Fundamentals, Fuel Flow Considerations, Start Up Sequencing, Speed/Load Control, Temperature Control, Emissions, Protective Circuits
Upon successful completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Describe considerations for determining the combustion turbine start sequence.
- Describe how combustion turbine controls function off-line.
- Describe how combustion turbine controls function on-line and being responsive to grid conditions.
- Describe how combustion turbine controls function in temperature control.
- Describe emission concerns and differences in approach to minimize emissions.
- Describe considerations in determining fuel flow (demand for inlet valve positions).
- Describe operation of typical servomechanisms such as the Abex and Moog servo-valves.
- Describe typical operational exercises.
What you will receive
- 1 copy of HPC Technical Services' textbook, CT342, Gas Turbine Control Concepts. It is a valuable desktop reference in addition to being able to enhance the learning process. Course book will be sent, at no additional cost, to USA participants enrolled 10+ working days in advance. Non-USA participants and / or those enrolling late will be charged a shipping fee.
- A Certificate of Completion, transmitted by email, with 14-PDH.
The following schedule is for HPC’s ‘Virtual Instructor Led Training’ session on ‘Gas Turbine Control Concepts’. The on-line schedule is made up of Five 4-hour sessions
, typically 8AM to 12 noon, EST (or EDT depending upon the time of the year).
- Fuel Flow: Gas, Fuel Oil, Split Fuel Operations, Feedback, Servo Mechanisms
- Start Up / Shutdown Sequence: Validation of systems, Cranking, Fire Circuits, Speed Circuits, Shutdown
- Speed Load Control: Speed Command, Speed Feedback, Adjustment of Fuel Flow, Load Demand, Auto Synchronizing
- Temperature Control: Definition of terms, Exhaust Temperature Setpoint, Exhaust Temperature Feedback
- Emissions: Water Injection, Steam Injection, DLN
- Protective Circuits: Overspeed, Over Temperature, Loss of Flame, Auxiliaries
Course dates / location / fee
for detail on the course dates and registration fees.
HPC Technical Services reserves the right to cancel any course/seminar within 10-working days of the scheduled date. Fees are 100% refunded or credited to another Seminar (clients' choice) if HPC should cancel any Seminar.
All HPC instructors are educated ‘experts’ on the subjects they teach, with years of relevant hands-on experience (typically 20+ years), and have proven instructional skills. Brief resumes can be looked up on HPC’s website, www.TurbineGeneratorTraining.com
Frequently asked questions
- Will HPC Technical Services schedule a virtual on-line course for our personnel only? YES, call or email Stephen Parker, Stephen@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com for a price quotation. The advantage of doing a class such as this is we could adjust the content somewhat and make use of materials specific to your application.
- Will HPC Technical Services schedule an on-site, site-specific course for our personnel only? YES, call or email Stephen Parker, Stephen@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com for a price quotation. Course can be steam turbines only, or steam turbine generators. Again, the advantage of doing a class such as this is we could adjust the content somewhat and make use of materials specific to your application.
- Is HPC Technical Services' textbook available for purchase as a reference document?
- Can HPC Technical Services provide "Technical Assistance" in conducting functional checkouts or troubleshooting problems? Yes we can. Call or contact Stephen Parker, Stephen@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com for our rate sheets and any further information required.
Gas Turbine Certification
There are three levels of certification (This course is for these certifications):
- Gas Turbine Field Engineer
- Gas Turbine Mechanical Maintenance Technician
- Gas Turbine Control Room Operator
Those who attend this course and are interested in this certification will be, upon course completion, scheduled to take HPC Technical Services' Certification Examination. This examination is is offered at no additional expense to the participant. An 80% passing grade is required. Consult HPC's website, www.TurbineGeneratorTraining.com
, for detail on this certification program.