In today’s market, combined cycle plants and peak loading gas turbines are an essential component in power production. For new personnel entering the power plant industry, the initial experience can be overwhelming. The goal of this course is to familiarize operating personnel with the overall concept of the operation of a gas turbine.
Also, in today’s market there would appear to be a need for high-quality virtual instructor led training sessions. The phrase high-quality applies to ‘content’ and the ‘presentation’ skills. We see the following advantages in the delivery of our virtual instructor led training session:
- Greater schedule flexibility since we don’t have to deal with travel schedules.
- Lesser cost as there is the travel & living expenses is now zero.
- Lesser time consumption as travel time to / from the site or classroom is eliminated.
- Maintain the same level of content (sometimes even improve that content) by greater attention given to the need for a quality presentation.
- Improved even more easy to read text content.
All of the above advantages along with HPC’s history of providing knowledgeable / equipment experienced instructors.
includes: Review of course objectives and course content, starting sequence, speed control during startup, speed / load control on-line, NOx control (water/steam injection, DLN1, DLN2, DLN2.6), Fuel Regulation, Protective Circuits and Abnormal Conditions.
At the completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Describe the requirements and procedures for implementing a starting sequence from zero to rated speed.
- Describe use of the turbine speed / load controls.
- Describe conceptual operation of NOx control.
- Describe operation of the fuel gas and liquid fuel stop and control valves.
- Describe the shutdown sequence.
- Provide a fundamental description of the hydraulic and electronic protective circuits.
- Describe how the turbine may be at risk due to various abnormal conditions that may exist on a gas turbine.
What you will receive
- 1 copy of HPC Technical Services' textbook, CT310, Concepts of Gas Turbine Operations. It is a valuable desktop reference in addition to being able to enhance the learning process. Course book will be sent, at no additional cost, to USA participants enrolled 10+ working days in advance. Non-USA participants and / or those enrolling late will be charged a shipping fee.
- A Certificate of Completion, transmitted by email, with 10.5-PDH.
The following schedule is for HPC’s ‘Virtual Instructor Led Training’ session on ‘Concepts of Gas Turbine Operations’. The on-line schedule is made up of three 4-hour sessions
, typically 8AM to 12 noon, EST (or EDT depending upon the time of the year).
- Starting System
- Fuel (Gas & Liquid) Control
- Sequencing the Turbine through Startup
- Operation under Speed / Load Control
- Operation under Temperature Control
- Normal Shutdown Sequence
- Abnormal Operations
- Electronic and Hydraulic Trip Systems
Course dates / location / fee
for detail on the course dates and registration fees.
HPC Technical Services reserves the right to cancel any course/seminar within 10-working days of the scheduled date. Fees are 100% refunded or credited to another Seminar (clients' choice) if HPC should cancel any Seminar.
All HPC instructors are educated ‘experts’ on the subjects they teach, with years of relevant hands-on experience (typically 20+ years), and have proven instructional skills. Brief resumes can be looked up on HPC’s website, www.TurbineGeneratorTraining.com
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will HPC Technical Services schedule a virtual on-line course for our personnel only? YES, call or email Stephen Parker, Stephen@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com for a price quotation. The advantage of doing a class such as this is we could adjust the content somewhat and make use of materials specific to your application.
- Will HPC Technical Services schedule an on-site, site-specific course for our personnel only? YES, call or email Stephen Parker, Stephen@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com for a price quotation. Course can be gas turbines only, or gas turbine generators. Again, the advantage of doing a class such as this is we could adjust the content somewhat and make use of materials specific to your application.
- Is HPC Technical Services' textbook available for purchase as a reference document?
- Can HPC Technical Services provide "Technical Assistance" in conducting functional checkouts or troubleshooting problems? Yes we can. Call or contact Stephen Parker, Stephen@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com for our rate sheets and any further information required.