The goal of this seminar is to provide the power generation industry with a forum for the transfer of the latest techniques and technologies concerning steam turbine maintenance and controls issues. Utilization of the latest techniques and technologies should assist power plant personnel in achieving:
- Shorter Outage Durations
- Longer Intervals Between Outages
- Increased Efficiency and Output
- Increased Reliability
The agenda that HPC proposes from year-to-year is designed based upon recommendations received from industry leaders, plant turbine engineers, and consultants. View the seminar schedule and you’ll note how significant these topics are to the industry. The OEM has similar seminars at times – they represent the OEM views and are biased by their business interest. There are major expositions throughout the year, but you’ll never get this much information on one topic (the steam turbine) in one sitting.
Participants benefit by learning the latest techniques / technologies that can have a direct effect upon planning and implementing their next steam turbine outage.
Past presenters include: Alstom Power, Bently-Nevada, Calgon, Elliot Company, Encotech, General Electric, HPC Technical Services, Manning Heat Treatment, Mechanical Dynamics & Analysis, NovaTech, REACT, Renewal Parts Maintenance, Sermatech, Steam Path Services, Turbine Diagnostic Services, Turbine Services Inc., TurboCare, Turbo Components & Engineering, Turbo Parts, WILMAR Engineering.
Course Dates / Location / Fee
for detail on the course dates / locations / and registration fees.
HPC’s 3-4-2 policy
applies: Sign up 3 for the same course/date and pay for only 2!
HPC Technical Services reserves the right to cancel any course/seminar within 10-working days of the scheduled date. Fees are 100% refunded or credited to another Seminar (clients' choice) if HPC should cancel any Seminar. HPC is not responsible for non-refundable airline tickets or other travel expenses under any circumstance.
Seminar Schedule (subject to change)
- 0730-0800 Registration and Continental Breakfast
- 0800-0830 Introduction and Welcome by Stephen Parker, HPC Technical Services
- 0845-1045 Overview of Turbine Design Principles
- 1100-1200 Steam Turbine High-Impact Low Probability Risk Items
- 1200-1300 Lunch Break
- 1300-1500 Steam Path Audit
- 1515-1700 Deposit Analysis / Considerations
- 0730-0800 Continental Breakfast
- 0800-0900 Steam Turbine Control Concepts
- 0900-1000 Turbine Trip Systems
- 1015-1200 Turbine Controls Upgrade Considerations
- 1200-1300 Lunch
- 1300-1430 Major Steam Path Upgrade Considerations – a Plant’s Perspective
- 1445-1600 Cost / Benefit Evaluation for a Turbine Upgrade
- 1600-1700 Borescopic Inspections
- 0800-0945 Valve Linearity Testing & Considerations
- 1000-1200 Turbine Operation, Testing, Valve Tuning & Diagnostics Using Digital Turbine Controls
- 1200-1300 Lunch
- 1300-1400 Steam Path Welding Repair
- 1400-1500 Turbine Bearing Maintenance Issues
- 1515-1700 Partition Repair by Partial Replacement
- 0800-1000 Infrared Thermography During Turbine Maintenance Activities
- 1015-1200 Tops-Off Alignment Considerations to Account for Casing Distortion
- 1200-1300 Lunch
- 1300-1400 Turbine Maintenance Tooling
- 1400-1445 Brush Sealing Systems
- 1500-1630 Repair/Replace/Reuse Decision Making
- 1730- Open Bar and Vendor Fair
- 0800-0930 Turbine Supervisory Instruments’ Functional Purpose and Use
- 0945-1100 Using the TSI Systems for Maximum Advantage
- 1100-1200 Discussions and Feedback
What you will receive
- 1 copy of Seminar Presentation Binder, including a color printout for ALL presentations
- A Certificate of Completion with 31 PDH awarded.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can HPC Technical Services perform a outage support? Yes we can. Call or contact Stephen Parker, Stephen@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com
for our rate sheets and any further information required.