The goal of this two-day Air Conditioning and Refrigeration course is to provide a broad introduction to air conditioning and refrigeration systems. Presentations will include everyday operation as well as important refrigerant safety practices. The course is a great overview for maintenance technicians, multi-craft tradespeople, building managers, HVAC technicians, or anyone seeking to improve their Air Conditioning & Refrigeration O&M skills.
Students are taught general O&M practices of the AC & Refrigeration systems. Learn about maintenance schedules and servicing, system diagnostics, troubleshooting, and fine-tuning to gain maximum efficiency. The course presentation will include an introduction to commercial and industrial chillers, regulatory laws and energy conservation. The fundamental goal is to get the maximum life out of the Air Conditioning & Refrigeration systems while keeping the systems running efficiently and consistently.
Day One: AC versus Refrigeration; Laws of Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer; Regulation, Codes and Standards; Compression Refrigeration Cycle (Saturation, Superheat and Subcool) Basic System Design; Refrigerants; Refrigerant Oils; Major Components (Evaporator, Compressor, Condenser, and Metering (Expansion) Device).
Day Two: Auxiliary System Components (Crankcase Heater, Suction Accumulator, Receiver, Filter-Drier, Sight Glass and Moisture Indicator, Oil Separator, Service Valves, Muffler and Refrigerant Controls); Refrigeration Systems; System Diagnostics, Servicing & Troubleshooting
Course dates / location / fee
See www.hpcnet.com for detail on the course dates / locations / and registration fees. Course typically 4-days in length.
HPC’s 3-4-2 policy applies: Sign up 3 for the same course/date, pay in advance, and pay for only 2 (the 3rd participant is free)!
HPC Technical Services reserves the right to cancel any course/seminar within 10-working days of the scheduled date. Fees are 100% refunded or credited to another Seminar (clients' choice) if HPC should cancel any Seminar. HPC is not responsible for non-refundable airline tickets or other travel expenses under any circumstance.
What you will receive
- 1 copy of HPC Technical Services' textbook, AC & Refrigeration. It is a valuable desktop reference in addition to being able to enhance the learning process.
- A "Certificate of Completion"
Frequently asked questions
- Will HPC Technical Services bring this course to our location for our personnel only? YES, call or email Stephen Parker, firstname.lastname@example.org for a price quotation.
- Will HPC Technical Services customize the presentation at our site to suit our particular needs?
- Is HPC Technical Services' textbook available for purchase as a reference document? Coming Soon
- What is the cost for HPC Technical Service to deliver this course at our location? Well, of course that can vary, but generally speaking, if you're planning on having 6+ attend, when considering your T&L, it is to your advantage to perform the course at your plant (office). You gain from the customization and price.
- Can HPC Technical Services provide "Technical Assistance" in conducting functional checkouts or troubleshooting problems? Yes we can. Call or contact Harold Parker, email@example.com for our rate sheets and any further information required.