Are you involved in, or responsible for, maintaining this equipment at your plant? If yes, this course may be for you, or your direct reports. The course is instructed by an instructional staff that have about 30-years (each) of hands-on experience as well as significant experience in successfully presenting this information.
- Plant maintenance technicians have to deal with a vast variety of equipment. To properly maintain pumps, and other balance of plant equipment, the maintenance technician needs to better understand the operation of this equipment. Gain this knowledge in this course offering.
- Pumps are utilized in every system in a plant. To better understand troubleshooting of a pump the mechanic needs to know the theory of pump operation. This seminar will familiarize the maintenance technician pump theory, construction, operation and repairs.
At the completion of this course the participant will be able to demonstrate knowledge on:
- How a centrifugal pump really works.
- How to correctly read and interpret pump curves.
- How to correctly read and interpret system curves.
- How speed governs pump design.
- Why Net Positive Suction head is important to pump operation.
- How Centrifugal pumps differ in design and application.
- How to calculate pump energy costs.
- How to identify and describe the pump components.
- How to properly troubleshoot pump problems.
- The proper methods of starting and operating a centrifugal pump.
- How adverse conditions can affect a pumps performance.
- The procedures for disassembly and reassembly of a centrifugal pump
- Theory and Design
- Hydraulic Fundamentals
- Design Aspects
- Performance Testing
- Pump Maintenance
- Pump Components
- Pump Maintenance & Repair Activities
- Troubleshooting Pumps
- Machinery Alignment
- Alignment Principles
- Results of Misalignment
- Measuring Tools
- Machinery Couplings
- Coupling Alignment Methods
What you will receive
- 1 copy of HPC Technical Services' textbook, Pump Maintenance & Repairs
- A "Certificate of Completion"
Course Dates / Location / Fee
See www.hpcnet.com for detail on the course dates / locations / and registration fees. Course is typically 2-days in length, including recommended exam.
HPC’s 3-4-2 policy applies: Sign up 3 for the same course/date, pay in advance, and pay for only 2 (the 3rd participant is free)!
HPC Technical Services reserves the right to cancel any course/seminar within 10-working days of the scheduled date. Fees are 100% refunded or credited to another Seminar (clients' choice) if HPC should cancel any Seminar. HPC is not responsible for non-refundable airline tickets or other travel expenses under any circumstance.
This 2-day class is immediately followed by, in the same week, a 2-day class on Valves, Fans & Compressor Maintenance: M305. Enroll for both courses and receive a discounted price.
Frequently asked questions
- Will HPC Technical Services bring this course to our location for our personnel only? YES, call or e-mail Steven Parker, email@example.com for a price quotation.
- Will HPC Technical Services customize the presentation at our site to suit our particular needs?
- Is HPC Technical Services' textbook available for purchase as a reference document? Coming Soon
- What is the cost for HPC Technical Service to deliver this course at our location? Well, of course that can vary, but generally speaking, if you're planning on having 6+ attend, when considering your T&L; it is to your advantage to perform the course at your plant (office). You gain from the customization and price.
- Can HPC Technical Services provide "Technical Assistance" in conducting functional checkouts or troubleshooting problems? Yes we can. Call or contact Stephen Parker, firstname.lastname@example.org for our rate sheets and any further information required.