This is one of those systems that can run for seemingly, forever. Then there is that “one-day”
. We all remember that one-day. That is the day you may wish you (or one of your plant's technicians/engineers) had attended this course. If something has gone wrong then attention is going to be completely focused on you, assuming you are responsible for your GenerrexTM
system. Equipment-experienced engineers present the course. Simply put, the overall objective of this (GE) GenerrexTM
This Excitation System Training Program is to develop the individuals responsible for plant operations, testing, calibration and maintenance of this system. To accomplish we have a need to understand the “big-picture”, to understand the OEM print systems, to understand how to read those prints and maintenance instructions, and finally, we need to understand how to apply this knowledge toward the solution of operating problems.This course is designed for Engineers, Technicians, and Electricians who have a need to maintain this system.
A topical outline
for this course will include: Generator Characteristics and Design Features, Operation of an Automatic Voltage Regulator, Excitation System Components, Impedance Principles and Reactive Loading, Power Factor and Voltage Regulation, Static Control, Protective Systems, One-Line Diagram, Print Interpretation, Drawing Practices, Excitation System Alignment Procedures, Troubleshooting Tips
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Learn how the GenerrexTM Excitation System works.
- Learn the location and purpose of the major components that make up the GenerrexTM Excitation System.
- Learn to interpret alarms and know what corrective action is needed to take in the event of an alarm.
- Learn to perform recommended operational tests.
- Learn to perform periodical maintenance on the GenerrexTM Excitation System.
- Learn to accurately calibrate the GenerrexTM Excitation System utilizing the necessary OEM drawings.
- Learn to quickly and safely troubleshoot the GenerrexTM Excitation System if a problem should occur or a component fail within the system.
Course Dates / Location / Fee
This course is conducted on-site only. Course length is typically a full five days with some use of site – specific print systems. Please contact Stephen Parker at Stephen@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com
to schedule an on-site presentation.
What you will receive
- 1 copy of HPC Technical Services' textbook, GenerrexTM Excitation Systems
- A "Certificate of Completion"
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will HPC Technical Services bring this course to our location for our personnel only? YES, call or email Stephen Parker, Stephen@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com for a price quotation.
- Will HPC Technical Services customize the presentation at our site to suit our particular needs?
- Is HPC Technical Services' textbook available for purchase as a reference document?
- Can HPC Technical Services provide "Technical Assistance" in the maintenance troubleshooting of your excitation system? Yes we can. Call or contact Stephen Parker, Stephen@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com for our rate sheets and any further information required.
Generator I&C Certification
Those who attend this course are automatically qualified to take HPC Technical Services' Certification Examination. This examination is offered at no additional expense to the participant. An 80% passing grade is required. The examination length will not exceed 2-hours. Those who complete this examination will receive a revised "certificate of completion" that recognizes this accomplishment along with two-copies of a "To Whom It May Concern" letter that states their accomplishment. (Two copies are provided, one for the participants' employer and one for the participants' personal file.) Consult HPC's website, www.TurbineGeneratorTraining.com
, for detail on this certification program.