Drive system reliability can be a matter of skilled routine maintenance and proficient troubleshooting capability. This course is designed to improve those skills. Discussions include LCI drive system operation, effective procedures for routine maintenance and drive system adjustment, and on-line control system checks to verify proper operation. The GE Load Commutated Inverter course is designed for technicians and engineers responsible for LCI system maintenance.
Upon completion of this course, the participant should be able to:
- Describe the benefits of the Load Commutated Inverter (LCI) as a variable speed drive system.
- Describe the relationships of the LCI to a typical system.
- List the LCI major components.
- Demonstrate knowledge in using terms, conventions, and symbols encountered in the GE LCI drive systems documentation.
- Draw a system one-line of a typical LCI system.
- Discuss the power and control equipment and operation of the LCI drive system.
- Demonstrate the knowledge necessary to perform corrective maintenance procedures on the LCI drive system.
- Demonstrate the knowledge necessary to perform preventive maintenance procedures on the LCI drive system.
- Drive System Application
- Components: Isolation Transformer, Rectifier Bridge, DC Link Reactor, Inverter Bridge, Isolation Contractor, Excitation Voltage Controller, Medium Electronics Module, Small Electronics Module, Harmonic Filter
- LCI System Overview: LCI System Arrangement, LCI System Electrical Line-up, Synchronous Motor Fundamentals, SCR Fundamentals
- Commutation: Steady State, Modes, Faults
- LCI System Control: Electronics Modules, Power Components, Diagnostics
- Maintenance: Routine/Preventive, Problem Analysis, Troubleshooting
What you will receive
- HPC Technical Services' fully illustrated textbook: (GE) Load Commutated Inverters.
- HPC's Certificate of Completion
Course Dates / Location / Fee
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will HPC Technical Services bring this course to our location for our personnel only? YES, call or email Stephen Parker, Stephen@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com for a price quotation.
- Will HPC Technical Services customize the presentation at our site to suit our particular needs?
- Is HPC Technical Services' textbook available for purchase as a reference document?
- What is the cost for HPC Technical Service to deliver this course at our location? Well, of course that can vary and it needs to priced on an individual need basis. You gain from the customization and price.
- Is HPC Technical Services' consultants available for "technical advise" on the evaluation of your maintenance procedures, systems, tests? Call Stephen Parker, Stephen@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com for a rate sheet.
All HPC instructors are educated ‘experts’ on the subjects they teach, with years of relevant hands-on experience (typically 20+ years), and have proven instructional skills. Brief resumes can be looked up on HPC’s website, www.TurbineGeneratorTraining.com