This course is intended for owners, operators and personnel who are concerned with the day-to-day operations and maintenance of the GE LM Series Aeroderivative gas turbines. This course will provide basic knowledge on the function, major components and operation of the LM gas turbines
The target audience is supervisors, operations & maintenance personnel who have a need to better understand the fundamental concepts of LM gas turbines.
At the completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Describe the thermodynamic principles and basic cycles associated with the LM Series gas turbine.
- List and describe the function of the LM Series gas turbine major components.
- Demonstrate understanding of many of the terms & abbreviations used in describing a LM gas turbine.
- Describe the fundamental differences between the differing LM Series gas turbine designs.
- Describe the flow through the LM gas turbine including any extraction points.
- Identify and describe the function of a the typical LM auxiliary systems.
- Describe the typical air systems found on a LM gas turbine.
- Describe the fuel systems used on LM gas turbines.
- Demonstrate understanding of the sensors and instrumentation found on a LM gas turbine generator.
- Describe the construction and operation of Generators.
- History of the LM gas turbines,
- Basic Gas Turbine Theory
- LM Gas Turbine Major Components (Purpose and Principles of operation)
- Auxiliary Equipment (Hydraulic Start System, Lube Oil, Hydraulics, Fuel Systems, Inlet Air and Ventilation, Fire Protection, and Compressor Water Wash)
- Fundamentals Gas Turbine Operation
- Generator Fundamentals and Construction (Fundamental Theory, Construction, and Basics of Operation)
What you will receive
- 1 copy of HPC Technical Services' textbook, CT202(GE) LM Series Aeroderivate Gas Turbine Generator Fundamentals.
- A "Certificate of Completion" along with 21 PDH.
All HPC instructors are educated ‘experts’ on the subjects they teach, with years of relevant hands-on experience (typically 20+ years), and have proven instructional skills. Brief resumes can be looked up on HPC’s website, www.TurbineGeneratorTraining.com.
Course Dates / Location / Fee
for detail on the course dates / locations / and registration fees.
HPC’s 3-4-2 policy applies: Sign up 3 for the same course/date, pay in advance, and pay for only 2 (the 3rd
participant is free)!
HPC Technical Services reserves the right to cancel any course/seminar within 10-working days of the scheduled date. Fees are 100% refunded or credited to another Seminar (clients' choice) if HPC should cancel any Seminar. HPC is not responsible for non-refundable airline tickets or other travel expenses under any circumstance.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will HPC Technical Services bring this course to our location for our personnel only? YES, call or email Stephen Parker, stparker@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com for a price quotation.
- Will HPC Technical Services customize the presentation at our site to suit our particular needs?
- Is HPC Technical Services' textbook available for purchase as a reference document? Soon to be available.
- What is the cost for HPC Technical Service to deliver this course at our location? Well, of course that can vary, but generally speaking, if you're planning on having 6+ attend, when considering your T&L, it is to your advantage to perform the course at your plant (office). You gain from the customization and price.
- Can HPC Technical Services provide "Technical Assistance" in conducting functional checkouts or troubleshooting problems? Yes we can. Call or contact Harold Parker, hparker@TurbineGeneratorTraining.com for our rate sheets and any further information required.
LM Gas Turbine Certification
There are three levels of certification (All three levels require this course):
- Field Engineer
- Combined Cycle Maintenance Mechanic
- Auxiliary Operator
Those who attend this course are automatically qualified to take HPC Technical Services' Certification Examination. This examination is offered at no additional expense to the participant. An 80% passing grade is required. The examination length will not exceed 2-hours. Those who complete this examination will receive a revised "certificate of completion" that recognizes this accomplishment along with two-copies of a "To Whom It May Concern" letter that states their accomplishment. (Two copies are provided, one for the participants' employer and one for the participants' personal file.) Consult HPC's website, www.TurbineGeneratorTraining.com
, for detail on this certification program.