For new personnel entering the power plant industry, the initial experience can be overwhelming. The goal of this course is to familiarize operating personnel with the overall concept of operating a combined cycle power plant. This course is intended for operating personnel new to combined cycle power plant operations.
For more information regarding the "turbine-generator" equipment, see our course CT201, Combined Cycle Turbine-Generator Fundamentals.
At the completion of this course the participant will be able to:
- Describe the four phases of the power generation cycle as it pertains to combined cycle systems.
- Describe the fundamental operation and major components of a combustion turbine.
- Describe the fundamental operation and major components of the heat recovery system.
- Describe the fundamental operation and major components of a steam turbine.
- Describe the fundamental operation and major components of the condensate system.
- Describe the interaction between the Rankine and Brayton Cycles.
- Describe how each component interacts with each other component in the system.
- List and briefly describe the environmental systems typically found in a combined cycle power plant.
- Fuel System Flow Path and Major Components
- Condensation SystemFlow Path and Major Components
- Feedwater SystemFlow Path and Major Components
- Heater SystemFlow Path and Major Components
- Heater Drain System Flow Path and Major Components
- Main Steam System Flow Path and Major Components
- Steam Extraction System Flow Path and Major Components
- Circulating Water Flow Path and Major Components
- Environmental Systems
- Water Treatment System
Course Dates / Location / Fee
for detail on the course dates / locations / and registration fees.
HPC’s 3-4-2 policy applies: Sign up 3 for the same course/date, pay in advance, and pay for only 2 (the 3rd
participant is free)!
HPC Technical Services reserves the right to cancel any course/seminar within 10-working days of the scheduled date. Fees are 100% refunded or credited to another Seminar (clients' choice) if HPC should cancel any Seminar. HPC is not responsible for non-refundable airline tickets or other travel expenses under any circumstance.
All HPC instructors are educated ‘experts’ on the subjects they teach, with years of relevant hands-on experience (typically 20+ years), and have proven instructional skills. Brief resumes can be looked up on HPC’s website, www.turbinegeneratortraining.com.
What you will receive
- 1 copy of HPC Technical Services' textbook, Combined Cycle Fundamentals. The book is a valuable desktop reference in addition to being able to enhance the learning process.
- A Certificate of Completion with 14 PDH.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Will HPC Technical Services bring this course to our location for our personnel only? Can HPC customize the material? YES, call or email Stephen Parker Stephen@turbinegeneratortraining.comfor a price quotation.
- Is HPC Technical Services' textbook available for purchase as a reference document? Yes.
- What is the cost for HPC Technical Service to deliver this course at our location? Well, of course that can vary, but generally speaking, if you're planning on having 6+ attend, when considering your T&L, it is to your advantage to perform the course at your plant (office). You gain from the customization and price.
- Can HPC Technical Services provide "Technical Assistance" in conducting functional checkouts or troubleshooting problems? Yes we can. Call or contact Stephen Parker, Stephen@turbinegeneratortraining.com for our rate sheets and any further information required.